Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vacation

Family vacation is underway! We left St. Louis about 4pm this afternoon and got to our hotel just inches from the O'Hare runways about 9:30pm. After a few unscheduled pits stops and a coin-only toll bucket that took our picture and I'm sure by now has mailed us a ticket, we got the little people in bed and are now settled in watching a Jackie Chan movie. Could there be anything better? Just yesterday someone told me that rest is holy. I had never thought of it that way, but I'm looking for some holy rest. And while I'm at it I'm going to drag my kids around and have some fun.

1 comment:

Donna Wolf said...

Even God rested on the 7th day and He commands us to take a sabbath rest. So, I would agree--rest is holy!!!!! (Why do we run ourselves ragged, especially on Sundays? Somehow, I don't find that in the scriptures!) So, anyway, enjoy your time away and do try to REST!