Monday, August 25, 2008

Faust Park At Night


I talk about my motorcycle on occasions, but I've never posted a picture of it. This is a picture of the motorcycle I have, a 1998 Honda VFR Interceptor (this is a stock photography picture--mine is not nearly so clean:)

Sometimes I get the itch to ride late at night. Tonight I left the house about 8:30pm and set off on my bike for an unknown destination. As I rode down Olive I decided to pull in to Faust Park about 8:40pm. I had my iPod with me and fired up some worship music and sat on the bench in the darkness looking at the stars and just spending some time enjoying the presence of God without the barrier of a ceiling or lights. Earlier in the evening I had thought about seeing the new Batman movie--Faust Park At Night was better.

1 comment:

diamondcharlie said...

Faust Park during the day can be wonderful, too. It was such a beautiful day I decided to spend a couple of hours reading Gods word at a table in a field there. I was overwhelmed by Gods gifts. The leaves were so perfect, I had a crow over my shoulder and also saw a woodpecker on a tree. Even a fly landed on my Bible & seemed to look at me before flying off. People walking and the laughter of children was abound. A few even brought their dogs. All God's creatures living not only together, but in harmony. Each element seemed to show more and more proof of the beauty of all the things that God creates. Each like a single musical instrument that together produced an unbelievable symphony of wonder. I am blessed to have a new viewpoint because of you. Thank you for your weekly words of encouragement and thank you.