Thursday, March 6, 2008

What I learned from Frank Sexton...

If you don't know Frank Sexton, let me tell you about him. He has been at WCAG for the last twenty years, and for the last seventeen has led a business men's luncheon every Thursday at high noon. Frank has organized over 800 meetings and many of the men who attend have gone for years. The thousands of people who have attended these meetings have seen Frank live out his Christianity in the midst of some difficult circumstances. But that's not what I took away from his final meeting today. What I learned is that we all have a unique group of people God has put into our lives to walk with us through the ups and downs every life brings. There are memories that Frank and his companeros share because they were doing the same things at the same time--they shared with each other in life, cared for each other in loss, laughed a lot, cried at times, but the whole time were demonstrating what Christian community is all about. It makes me all the more thankful for those I am walking with right now--my family, my church, and the friends God has blessed me with. Thanks, Frank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog & loved it! It is a great way to stay connected & do something productive with all those thoughts that pop into your spirit!!