Friday, March 21, 2008

Living The Resurrection

I don't really struggle with believing that God raised Jesus from the dead. I know it was almost impossible for the disciples to believe at first, but they didn't have the advantage of my perspective perched comfortably atop a 2000 year span of time. I get it. No problem.

But I do struggle with living out the implications of his resurrection. Ephesians 1:18-20 says, "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know...his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms." I read what Paul wrote and realize that the eyes of my heart remain darkened so many times. I struggle through difficulties and trials, never realizing that God has made his resurrection power available to me anytime, in any place. What a waste. This Easter I am praying that the eyes of my heart might be enlightened throughout the year so that I can live a life full of God's resurrection power, day in and day out. He is risen indeed!

No comments: