Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Part 2

Well, now that Thanksgiving is over, let me tell you one of the other things I am thankful for, my family. I have a wonderful wife and two wonderful kids. They're not perfect, which is best, because if they were they would never put up with me. However, they're as good as families get.

I used to say that one thing I was very thankful for in my wife was that she was hardy, but then I realized that for most people the word "hardy" does not carry with it a real romantic feeling:) And although I won't share with you all my pet names for her, she is the fire in my fireplace. But not only has she been my sweetheart for 16 years, she has also been willing, again and again, to go with me anywhere that God has led us. Not only do I love her, but I respect her devotion to God and I could never have guessed how important that would be to our marriage and to God's call on our life.

Then there's the princess, whose smile and blue eyes thwart my sincerest attempts to be tough. She is so tender and considerate, thinking about how others feel and what she can do to make them feel better. And of course, what's a princess without a brave knight. He just as cute in his own way, although he creates a more pungent odor. He wants to be strong and brave and likes the opportunity to help Katie when she's afraid (or when I have captured her and hauled her off to the dungeon:)

I could go on and on--about my parents, about Keri's parents, and even my grandparents, but I think you get the idea. No family is perfect, but I think mine is as close as you can get. Thank you, Lord, for my family.

No comments: