Monday, January 11, 2010

Multi-Tasking

I've always been impressed with people who could multi-task, at least those who do it well. It doesn't count if everything you're working on turns out poorly. Some people can do several projects at one time, and all of them turn our well. Amazing.

That got me to thinking about God's work in my life. God is working in every area of my life at the same time. And He's working in every area of everyone else's life while He's at it. And somehow he has the skill to account for the intersection of all these lives He's trying to shape, using each encounter, each situation, and each person as a way to shape the next.

What a marvel God's work is in my life, and that he can use my life to help shape the life of another person. That's exactly why He has the rights of the potter over my life--to shape it as He deems best. It is not mine to shape, it is mine to be shaped. Lord, help me to be pliable in your hands.

No comments: